Gag - a simple web GAllery Generator
This is a really painless web gallery maker. Fill
in the required infos, like the directory containing the pictures you
want to publish, your ftp server, etc. (and save these to a file if
you're lazy enough and don't want to retype these).
Click the "OK" button, et voilą, you've got a mail telling you to check-out this cool new web gallery.
- No need for php or any SQL database.
- Plain simple HTML gallery (W3C valid, as a bonus).
Granted, the generated gallery is rather crude, with no comments nor stats, but it's enough for me (for the moment though :o).
By the way, you may check a sample Gallery with some nice Wikipedia
Check the help page for further details:
For the anectdote, the first working version (v0.1) was coded in less than 6 hours. <Ms. praising> .Net is really a productive
platform! </Ms. praising>
- Resize picture to web size (1024 x 768) Images will be shrinked on display on small screens though.
- Rotate pictures according to EXIF infos if present (most up-to-date camera fill this)
- Generate a W3C compliant webPage with tiny (320 x 340) pictures (zoom to the web-sized picture with a click)
- Upload the webpage to your website
- Convert any .mov or .mpg video file into Theora video format, so as to get native support from bleeding edge browsers (Firefox 3.1 for example)
- Send a mail to the list of people you want telling about the URL of the gallery
- Optional zip with genuine pictures
- Make sure you have .NET 4.5 installed
- Unzip the archive and launch the executable
This program is distributed under the GNU General
- Preserve EXIF infos when resizing pictures
- Give my GUI a less cluttered look, with some tabs
- Introduce the images size settings in the GUI
- Embed also videos with a small flash player v1.1 no flash though, native html5 <video> support
- Implement decent progress bar with real FTP status v1RC1
- Offer the ability to create the gallery in another place than '\' v1RC1 Hack it through the ftproot variable within the xml file.
So as to put your galery in /pictures/, set ftproot to "pictures/"
- Add the date of the (originals) picture in the tooltip. v0.5
- Let the user choose the size of the web picture and of the tiny ones v0.4 You can hack this by editing the xml configuration file. No GUI yet.
- Give more control on the generated webpage (link to a custom CSS, accept a custom header, accept an html template...) v0.4
- Offer the possibility to upload some .htaccess files along with the pictures v0.3
- Give a bigger textbox so as to type a real notification mail (you can hack it right in the Gag xml config file right now though) v0.2
- October 05, 2014 - Version 1.3 - Proper video support.
- September 08, 2014 - Now on GitHub.
- February 22, 2009 - Version 1.1 - Really threaded version, which prevents the GUI from flickering. Support of .mov or .mpg videos. Fixed some bugs.
- February 23, 2008 - Version 1 Release Candidate 2 - Fixed a bug in the html code that broke the page with IE. Pics are now sorted by date and not by name (usefull whenever you mix pics from diferent cameras).
- September 20, 2007 - Version 1 Release Candidate 1 - Yeah! Done with it, as it please me enough. Added FTP progress bar.
- September 17, 2007 - Version 0.7 - Enhanced Lightbox effects (size magically adjusted to the screen resolution, soo cool!
- September 9, 2007 - Version 0.6 - Lightbox effects - Zip with genuine pictures
- May 7, 2007 - Version 0.5 - Exif date of the picture (or date of the file if missing) is now displayed as tooltip of the pictures in the gallery. Made help pages.
- May 1, 2007 - Version 0.4 - User can now point on a custom gallery template, provided a <span class="pics"> is present within. Gallery pages are now W3C compliant.
- April 24, 2007 - Version 0.3 - Added the .htaccess/.htpassword (Apache webservers) protection option through the 'Protect' Button.
- April 21, 2007 - Version 0.2 - Localized in french for my ol' dad - web page encoded in UTF8 - better GUI - FTP password is now encrypted in the init file (encryption is barely enough for your little sis' though ;o)
- April 17, 2007 - Version 0.1